Monday, March 30, 2015

Life without money

I recently bought a new phone, oneplus one. You guys must have heard of it. It is my first smart phone. Isn't it great how technology can touch our lives? I mean you look at those mac-books, DSLRs, Airbuses, spaceships, nukes, cure for malaria and polio…boy who would have thought that was possible. Wow, we have come too far…too far from the time when we couldn't even figure out how to light a fire!

You see many of these technological and medical advancements couldn't have been possible without the motivation of money. Of course you could argue that these were a result of the great dreams a few individuals saw. But could they have been possible without the unrecognized contributions of numerous other people who helped these great individuals achieve it? Those numerous people who worked with these great minds with just 1 simple motivation, money! Money to feed themselves, money to feed the ones they love, money to help them survive, money to help the ones they love thrive. Would it be possible without this great evil motivation? Well the answer isn't NO. I believe it would all have been possible. We would still have all of this. But it would have taken a lot of time. Without so many people working to make it possible, it would have taken many more years for these dreams to come true. The world as you see it in 2015 probably would have been the reality of the year 3075. That is how important money is. A world without money would have taken us back generations.

But when I think of a life without money, it fills me with immense satisfaction and happiness. I believe a life without money would have made us more human. I say this because then we would have been closer to humans and humanity. In today’s stupid rat race, in spite of kind intentions, we end up thinking only about us and our family at the end of the day. Without this chaos, we would have cared more about humans and humanity, traveled more, talked more and would have respected Mother Nature much more than what we do now. We would have been humans, not animals.
I’d like to conclude by saying that without money, life would have been more peaceful and people would have been satisfied and happy. As I already said we wouldn't be as advanced as we are now, but personally I couldn't have cared less about it.


It really amazes me when I think how much I would have traveled around the world without the restrictions/need for money, which I can’t now. Oh I would have loved it! But then, would there be sufficient means to travel? I wonder, I wonder!

-----------------------------------------------

Playing in my head: 'Kabhi Aisa Lagta Hai' by Luck Ali

No comments: